Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  These Forums are for Peer Support. For direct and immediate support, use the Live Chat or Support Ticket System
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Amazon's API and AOB (Read 434 times)
Samantha
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB 1G - YaBB
2!

Amazon's API and AOB
Feb 8th, 2012 at 11:02am

The API we utilize to pull market data from Amazon is becoming increasingly unstable.  This has resulted in intermittent periods where we're unable to get reliable data back, if we get data at all.  We have been investigating and trying to address the issue for some time, but there has been little we could do on our end. This is not strictly surprising as Amazon has been transitioning that API away from seller use.

Amazon has now released a new API which we believe will address these issues. We're still reviewing the documentation and exploring how we'll be able to integrate our current options and what new options may be available so we can't address specific questions at this point. There's a good amount of work as we transition how we pull this data; several of AOB's core services are being rebuilt from the ground up.

We appreciate your continued patience as we get these changes in place. We're working hard to get them rolled out as quickly as possible, but can not offer a reliable timeline at this point. If you're interested in beta testing the changes as they come out, please let us know. This will get you the changes the quickest, but you'll also be getting them before they're fully tested and may get unexpected results.

IP Logged

Samantha
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB 1G - YaBB
2!

Re: Amazon's API and AOB
Reply #1 - May 3rd, 2012 at 1:09pm

I'm sure by now you're all anxiously awaiting our further updates regarding the rebuilding that has been taking place.  Unfortunately, we do not have extensive details to share at this time, however, we can state that within the next few days we're going to start a few beta testers. 

We've selected a few users from the pool of those interested in beta testing and hope to have them busy in the coming week.  We'll be adding a few more testers in the second week, with plans of adding volume for stress testing in the third week.  Unless things blow up and the sky falls our plan is have complete functionality on the new processes by Mid-June. 

IP Logged

Samantha
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB 1G - YaBB
2!

Re: Amazon's API and AOB
Reply #2 - Jun 25th, 2012 at 12:01pm

If anyone is interested in getting in on testing the new data pulls please create a Support Ticket within your AOB account and let us know.  We'll pass on all pertinent data to you via your ticket.   Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print