Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  These Forums are for Peer Support. For direct and immediate support, use the Live Chat or Support Ticket System
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ABE BOOKS?????? (Read 707 times)
Bibleman
Ex Member

The Bible is God's Word!!

ABE BOOKS??????
Jan 25th, 2012 at 9:55am

Greetings from the Bibleman. One question: Is abebooks any better then it used to be(I used to sell there a few years back)?
I do not have a large inventory and do not expect to make a fortune but I would like to sell on as many venues as I can for profit.

I do not see much chat hear about them so maybe that is an answer in itself.

I mainly sell new Christian books and New Bibles.

Thank you for any help you may give,
Bibleman  Smiley

IP Logged

baker_book_house
Ex Member

I love YaBB 1G - YaBB
2!

Re: ABE BOOKS??????
Reply #1 - Mar 15th, 2012 at 8:45am

We don't do a large volume on ABE, but find it worth listing on. It is especially good for international orders because you always have the freedom to ask for more shipping if you need to. This is the only venue on which we currently sell internationally.

Also, I tend to think that a different sort of crowd uses ABE and so we are more likely to sell our harder to find, more expensive out of print books there than on some other venues.

IP Logged

issachar
Ex Member

I love YaBB 1G - YaBB
2!

Reply #2 - Mar 24th, 2012 at 3:02pm

Interesting thoughts.  I think I will take another look.  Tried them about two years ago and was not amused.

IP Logged

retrolink
Ex Member

I love YaBB 1G - YaBB
2!

Reply #3 - Apr 30th, 2012 at 6:20am

hi
i was on and off abe about 3 times. recently since amazon took them over there is a slight improvement. Basically, however most of my abe sales are on older collectable books. so if most of your inventory is newer stuff don't bother. a note that once I got lucky and popped a $400 book on abe.
regards
don

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print