Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  These Forums are for Peer Support. For direct and immediate support, use the Live Chat or Support Ticket System
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Chrislands???? (Read 2298 times)
Bibleman
Ex Member

The Bible is God's Word!!

Chrislands????
Jan 21st, 2012 at 8:39am

Greetings from Bibleman, I had an account with Chrislands before but I cancelled it because I could not seem to get it going(after about a year). My question is, Has anyone had good success with Chrislands? and is there a secret to promoting a website? I am thinking about trying again. I also must say that I have under 500 items(Maybe that is the big issue!!?)

If you can offer any help, please do and I will be grateful.

God Bless, Smiley
Bibleman

IP Logged

bookseller1955
Ex Member

Re: Chrislands????
Reply #1 - Jan 21st, 2012 at 2:29pm

I have had a Chrisland's  web site for about 18 month and stock 7,000+ books. I do not sell enough on the site to even pay the monthly costs. A big problem is images. Chrislands no longer allows them to come from the Open Library servers. Chrislands is now owned by Amazon but I do not know if there is a way I can use Amazon images on my site. So I do not have images for my books. Maybe another  web service offers links to Amazon images? Another problem is that Amazon ratings do not seem to be available either and that is a big reason to go to Amazon directly. 99% of my sales come from Amazon, B&N and Half. Last year I only had 28 sales on Chrislands and made just $245.55 profit. Sad

IP Logged

Bibleman
Ex Member

The Bible is God's Word!!

Reply #2 - Jan 22nd, 2012 at 12:27pm

Greetings, Yes, that has been my experience with them also. I always had a hard time with images there  and apparently it is worse now. I guess I will find another alternative. I do not need that problem.

Thank you,
Bibleman

IP Logged

bookseller1955
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jan 22nd, 2012 at 12:41pm

I looked at White Oak Books last night. They host websites and charge a lot less than Chrislands. Like 50 to 60% less. They also use images from Amazon and Open Source Library; your choice. Now they take charge cards, Paypal, Amazon payments and Google Cart. It sounds like a much better deal than Chrislands and I am tempted to give them a try. I expect that sales will increase once I have book images and it will be great to have a lower monthly bill. Smiley I like the idea of Amazon Reviews too. White Oak is also 100% Art of Books compatible. I am interested in hearing from anyone out there  that uses White Oak and AOB as to what their experience has been.

IP Logged

issachar
Ex Member

I love YaBB 1G - YaBB
2!

Reply #4 - Feb 9th, 2012 at 12:49pm

This question would probably be better asked either on a general question board or the whitelands board.

Pete b

IP Logged

issachar
Ex Member

I love YaBB 1G - YaBB
2!

Reply #5 - Feb 9th, 2012 at 12:49pm

sorry, White Oaks.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print