Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  These Forums are for Peer Support. For direct and immediate support, use the Live Chat or Support Ticket System
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
4-day old order just popped up on Barnes & Noble (Read 415 times)
Stacks_o_Books
Ex Member

4-day old order just popped up on Barnes & Noble
Jan 15th, 2012 at 9:15am

Has this happened to anyone else?

I got an "Order Pending" e-mail at 2:30 this morning, the 15th, for a Barnes and Noble order placed on the 11th. I didn't notice the order date until I went into my B&N page to cancel the order - because unfortunately, the book sold 2 days ago on eBay! But when I signed into B&N, I was very surprised to see a "Past Due" notation on the order.

Now, that order has not been there for the last 4 days. I've had one or two orders on B&N every day since the 11th. So it's not like I hadn't checked my seller page and missed it. It simply wasn't there.

I'm not doing anything with the order until I can call Barnes and Noble (I don't want this dinging my account), but in the meantime, I'm wondering - have any of you had a similar situation happen?

IP Logged

Stacks_o_Books
Ex Member

Re: 4-day old order just popped up on Barnes & Noble
Reply #1 - Jan 17th, 2012 at 6:44pm

I found out what happened. The customer place the order, apparently claimed it was tax-exempt, and then it took several days for her to provide the exemption form and B&N to process it. So the customer service rep at B&N told me, "I know you're seeing that the order is past due, but it really isn't." I told him that really didn't matter any more, because during those 4 days I sold the book elsewhere. He made a note on my account and said the rejected order wouldn't be held against me.

I suppose this could happen again, now that B&N is collecting sales tax.  Huh

IP Logged

mysticfrogbooks
Ex Member

Re: 4-day old order just popped up on Barnes & Noble
Reply #2 - Jun 21st, 2012 at 5:08pm

I know this is an old post, but this just happened to me, too.  I did get an email from BNN on the 17th for a pending order.  However, it never showed up on AOB, and when I went to BNN to process some other orders, the order for this particular book was not there, and I couldn't find any record of it in order history,  I assumed it was cancelled for some reason.

Now today, the 21st, I get another email from BNN for the pending order and when I went to BNN, the order is there and is marked "Past Due."  So I assume something similar is going on here.

I'm not complaining, though, because the book has a current sales rank of over 4 million on Amazon!

The other weird thing is that I also got a pending order email for another book that was also sold on the 17th, and has been processed and shipped.  It's a duplicate order and is not showing up in the pending bin on BNN, so I'm not sure why the email was resent.

Oh well.  Just another crazy day in online bookselling.  Cheesy 

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print