Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  These Forums are for Peer Support. For direct and immediate support, use the Live Chat or Support Ticket System
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
BNN Minimum Pricing (Read 857 times)
mysticfrogbooks
Ex Member

BNN Minimum Pricing
Dec 8th, 2011 at 11:38am

Did I miss something?† I thought the minimum price for book listings on BNN was 1.99, but I've been finding some books listed for .99.† Have they changed their minimum?

IP Logged

Stacks_o_Books
Ex Member

Re: BNN Minimum Pricing
Reply #1 - Dec 22nd, 2011 at 3:15am

I must have missed it to, because sure enough, there are .99 prices now. I've also noted there are some "phantom listings" showing up - kind of placeholder listings for items that have apparently been sold or deleted. They show a zero price and "not available" type of message. Not sure why they're springing up.

IP Logged

mysticfrogbooks
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Dec 23rd, 2011 at 7:31pm

When I first posted this question their "Seller Integration Manual" from August 2011 stated:
Quote:
Pricing rules for books have been established for BN.comís Sellers in order to provide an
equitable environment for both Sellers and customers. The pricing rules state:
All listings must be priced between $1.99 and $2,500.

Their apparently revised Seller Policies, which I just checked, now reads:
Quote:
All listings must be priced between $0.01 and $2,500. If you would like a higher price cap, please
contact Seller Relations.

I like BNN, but, alas, it looks like they've decided to follow Amazon's lead and join the "race to the bottom" pricing strategy.† Good for them, bad for us.† Sad

IP Logged

Stacks_o_Books
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Dec 23rd, 2011 at 9:07pm

Agreed. Not the best news I've had this week! But if I have inventory that's gone that low in price, I'm trying to cull it anyway - so I guess it doesn't affect me much. It used to be you could get a premium price on Barnes and Noble without fail, and sometimes you still can, but more and more it seems like people that are selling on multiple venues are just broadcasting their Amazon pricing everywhere, even though they may be under-priced on some venues.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print