Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  These Forums are for Peer Support. For direct and immediate support, use the Live Chat or Support Ticket System
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
B&N Orders from Two Weeks-Inventory not adjusted.. (Read 1332 times)
chatham_circle_books
Ex Member

I love YaBB 1G - YaBB
2!

B&N Orders from Two Weeks-Inventory not adjusted..
Oct 15th, 2011 at 1:11pm

Just received an order on Biblio for a book I sold on October 1st on Barnes and Noble. Do we need to do a refresh to fix whatever happened with B&N and their system issues over the last week or so?  Is the issue resolved?
Anne

IP Logged

Stacks_o_Books
Ex Member

Re: B&N Orders from Two Weeks-Inventory not adjusted..
Reply #1 - Oct 16th, 2011 at 12:43am

I refreshed my Barnes and Noble inventory as a precaution. Whenever I'm aware that a venue is having an "event", I wait until I'm sure its over, then send a refresh.

Sending a refresh to all your venues on a regular basis is a good idea just in terms of database maintenance. All it takes is one little system hiccup along the way for a file not to get uploaded properly, and you end up with a "surprise" a couple months later with a sale for something you already sold. I tend to do them when I'm done listing for the day, so my new listings get processed first, then the refresh gets processed after that. Doesn't need to be a daily thing, but once a week is reasonable.

IP Logged

CoveredBridgeBooks
Poster

I love YaBB 1G - YaBB
2!

Madison VA
Reply #2 - Oct 16th, 2011 at 8:26am

How do you go about doing this refresh?

IP Logged

Stacks_o_Books
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Oct 18th, 2011 at 12:29am

Go to Settings > Venue Settings. Under each active venue there's a little check box that says, "Refresh Items." Click the box for the desired venue(s), scroll to the bottom of the page and click the button, "Save All Items." This will send a complete inventory file to your chosen venues - including items with zero inventory so that they get deleted from the venue if they for some reason didn't when an item sold. It will also correct quantity, price, title, description - anything you've changed since the original listing. Or add items that didn't get added originally. You can refresh multiple venues at one time.

The exception is Half.com and eBay stores. Due to eBay restrictions, you have to either open an AOB support ticket or go into chat and ask them to send a refresh for you. If you do it in Chat, they'll usually do it immediately.

IP Logged

CoveredBridgeBooks
Poster

I love YaBB 1G - YaBB
2!

Madison VA
Reply #4 - Oct 18th, 2011 at 9:39am

OK, Thanks!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print