Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  These Forums are for Peer Support. For direct and immediate support, use the Live Chat or Support Ticket System
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Barnes and Noble not allowing direct connection (Read 962 times)
prseitz
Ex Member

Barnes and Noble not allowing direct connection
Jan 7th, 2008 at 11:49am

Hello,

I've sent a couple messages to B&N requesting an SFTP connection so that I could directly upload my inventory through AOB instead of using Alibris as a go-between.

I finally received a response today. They said in no uncertain terms that:

"Alibris is responsible for uploading your inventory to our system."

Would this mean that B&N is finally giving up on their Beta program and using only Alibris?

IP Logged

booker
Ex Member

Writer, Bookseller, Blogger

Re: Barnes and Noble not allowing direct connectio
Reply #1 - Jan 7th, 2008 at 5:40pm

The BN beta program is alive and well. Sales are actually picking up, although I can't imagine why it is still in beta after all this time.

To sell directly on BN, you must apply for a BN seller account, wait to be approved or beg for approval (as I did), then request and establish an FTP account with them. They are still accepting very few sellers. Other posts here explain most of that.

You technically cannot be both a beta program seller and an Alibris BN seller, although some are if they use different email addresses.

The two programs are separate and have nothing to do with each other. Just because you are approved as an Alibris BN seller does not mean you will be considered for the beta program, but you must apply before you can be considered.

Booker

There's so much more to a simple, meaningful life than just one thing.&&&&Bookselling - Simpler Living - Spirituality - Writing Life&&So Much More...&&http://www.gipplaster.com&&;

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print