Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  These Forums are for Peer Support. For direct and immediate support, use the Live Chat or Support Ticket System
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Image & Condition Fields for Chrislands (Read 2757 times)
recordking
Ex Member

I love YaBB 1G - YaBB
2!

Image & Condition Fields for Chrislands
Jul 8th, 2007 at 8:17pm

Hello,

Images: Does anyone know which AOB field Chrislands uses to link to an item image? In Homebase, Chrislands required the image link to be in the 'private notes' field. I do understand it is possible to send images via ftp or to manually upload them - just wondering if anyone was generating images on Chrislands with a URL link (eg. to images stored on your server)

Condition: We currently use homebase for Chrislands. For those using AOB I was wondering which condition fields are displayed on their Chrislands site. Is it the principle (amazon-centric) condition field (eg. used: very good), or the customized text condition fields?

Am I making any sense?

best regards
David

www.recordking.com.au

IP Logged

John Sweeney
Ex Member

Re: Image & Condition Fields for Chrislands
Reply #1 - Jul 11th, 2007 at 7:55pm

I use the field “image” in Excel and that works just fine for me.

For condition I use a separate field for the item (cond_text) and the cover (jcond_text).  The condition field is the Amazon numeral and is loaded only there. 

All my fields load just fine to Chrislands.  Here are the fields I use.  You may look at my Chrislands store to see how they appear.

sku

title

author

qty

price

media

edition

signature

isbn

notes

publisher

release_date

pub_place

condition

cond_text

jcond_text

hb_catalog

intl

expd

listed_date

cost

source

list_flags

p0

p1

IP Logged

recordking
Ex Member

I love YaBB 1G - YaBB
2!

Reply #2 - Jul 11th, 2007 at 9:10pm

John,
Thank you for your very generous and helpful reply. 

I had thought Chrislands must use a separate field for images, because on the single list page, the 'image' field is often filled with a link to amazon images. I guess they somehow filter out any image links with reference to amazon.

One further (not entirely related) issue I have been having is related to Excel. When uploading or re-uploading from excel, some odd things seem to happen to the isbn field - have you had any issues with Excel altering isbn data?

By the way - you have done a great job with your CL store.

Thanks again

Best regards
David

www.recordking.com.au

IP Logged

mcted
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jul 12th, 2007 at 12:26am

David,

I'm pretty much a Noob at this, but I think the ISBN glitch can be fixed by formating the column cells as "text".

Seem to remember that when I imported my HDC & Amazon inventory into AOB.

Ted

IP Logged

John Sweeney
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jul 12th, 2007 at 7:43am

That is correct.  Format the entire column as text.  This will prevent the leading zeroes from being dropped, as well as the other weird things.  Occasionally something gets off and I have to reformat, but I have not really had any problems since I figured that one out.   I disremember exactly how difficult it was when first importing from Amazon (as I now enter everything manually as text).

IP Logged

recordking
Ex Member

I love YaBB 1G - YaBB
2!

Reply #5 - Jul 12th, 2007 at 11:55pm

Thank you both for your reply. This seems to have fixed the problem.

I had an instance of zeroes being dropped and another of them being added.

Thanks again - much appreciated

cheers
David

The Record King Bookshop
www.recordking.com.au

IP Logged

Stacks_o_Books
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jul 12th, 2007 at 11:57pm

Recordking, I don't have a Chrislands store, so this bit of info may not help you - but I do have an eBay store and very often will scan my own images even though one appears on Amazon, because the item isn't in the MUZE catalog. In those cases, I upload my image to my hosting service, then cut and paste the path into the Image URL box on AOB, overwriting the AZ path. This way my scan also gets sent to Biblio and any other venues I sell on that will display photos included in my FTP uploads. It won't make one iota of difference to your Amazon listings - the image is populated for your reference, and doesn't get pushed back up to Amazon (it did for a while, but not anymore).

That might leave one of your private fields available for another use.

IP Logged

recordking
Ex Member

I love YaBB 1G - YaBB
2!

Reply #7 - Jul 13th, 2007 at 1:09am

Thanks for the tip - I think I will go with your advice on this. Amazon is still not really viable for Australian sellers, so we don't have an Amazon account. However, it would be nice to have the images links sent to abe, biblio etc in addition to our Chrislands store.

Actually it would be great to be able to attach a local image to the AOB item description and have them handle the ftp to the various websites. I think booktrakker does something like this - most of the sites including Chrislands will host an image named with the item sku.

Thanks again.

Best regards
David

www.recordking.com.au

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print