Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  These Forums are for Peer Support. For direct and immediate support, use the Live Chat or Support Ticket System
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Other website providers?? (Read 2734 times)
docndaisyauctions
Ex Member

I love YaBB 1G - YaBB
2!

Other website providers??
Feb 21st, 2007 at 12:19pm

This might be the wrong place to ask this, but I've tried to get emails from them without luck. Any other providers for a website? I'd really like to find one that handles the inventory like buybundle.com where they categorize the books too.

Thanks
Doc

IP Logged

medievalbooks
Ex Member

I love YaBB 1G - YaBB
2!

Re: Other website providers??
Reply #1 - Feb 22nd, 2007 at 11:25am

Hmmm...I have had no problem getting responses within a couple of hours. Contact me at  bookshopATcharterDOTnet

medievalbooks

IP Logged

iron_chick
Ex Member

I love YaBB 1G - YaBB
2!

Reply #2 - Feb 22nd, 2007 at 6:24pm

Chrislands has been VERY good about answering my emails - and I've had lots of questions.   The store is easy to use, the integration with AOB is excellent, the SEO is good - I was indexed in Google in days and had my first sale, as a result of a froogle search, after only a week or two.

IP Logged

Stacks_o_Books
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Mar 18th, 2007 at 2:06pm

White Oak Books says they are able to categorize your books for you if you do not already have browse paths or some other system set up. They are connected to Amazon's Affiliate program, so I'm guessing they use Amazon's categories - but don't know for sure. They also use Amazon's check out, so if Amazon's being glitchy in that department, your web site will be too. However, you earn an Affiliate commission from Amazon on all your sales - so there are pros and cons there, just as there are with Chrislands. Also, White Oak uses Amazon's images, and I believe with Chrislands you have to host your own (I'm sure someone will correct me on that if I'm wrong). In my personal case, the concept of scanning 1700 items doesn't exactly appeal to me.

IP Logged

WhiteOakBooks
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Mar 18th, 2007 at 10:42pm

Stacks_o_books is correct.

As far as I know we are the only ones that automatically categorize our books.

While you have to offer Amazon Payments on your website you can also accept Paypal.

While Amazon.com can occassionaly be glitchy they rarely let their payment servers go down.

More information can be found here:

http://www.whiteoakbooks.com/WOBSellers/default.asp

Andy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print