Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  These Forums are for Peer Support. For direct and immediate support, use the Live Chat or Support Ticket System
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Pics in Chrislands store (Read 2712 times)
MikeAtRecyclepedia
Ex Member

I love YaBB 1G - YaBB
2!

Pics in Chrislands store
Dec 17th, 2006 at 5:48am

Does anyone have any tips on getting images into my chrislands store? I know that they can be uploaded individually/manually but why don't the images loaded from amazon get transfered over automatically. I cannot see spending the time to ftp them or add them to each listing.

IP Logged

likearock
Ex Member

Re: Pics in Chrislands store
Reply #1 - Jan 7th, 2007 at 2:33pm

I'd like to know too.

IP Logged

tbell
Ex Member

I love YaBB 1G - YaBB
2!

Reply #2 - Feb 2nd, 2007 at 10:52pm

???I have wondered, too. It would save loads of work uploading those images. I have to upload all the non-ISBN images and then pick up the  ones that have images here. Would save time if they could just be uploaded automatically. Anybody know why they can't be? I have two other venues that have to be uploaded, too.  I spend an hour at these ftp sites dropping images.

IP Logged

iron_chick
Ex Member

I love YaBB 1G - YaBB
2!

Reply #3 - Feb 3rd, 2007 at 3:08am

Are you having trouble with your own images being uploaded to Chrislands or just Amazon's?  If they are Amazon images, I think there is a filter of sorts that keeps them from going out to non-Amazon sites from here.    

I just took the plunge and bought a Chrislands store.    Smiley   Can't wait until it's done and ready for me!  (Rodger and all should warn them.   Tongue)

IP Logged

Stacks_o_Books
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Mar 19th, 2007 at 12:16am

Since nobody has answered the question about Amazon images, I'll give it a shot.

Chrisland's can't use Amazon images because they are AMAZON'S images - not public domain. If you upload your own image to Amazon, you have to agree to release any rights to that image - you essentially turn it over to them. The content of Amazon's site is copyrighted, so if you try to lift images or text from the Amazon site, you're in violation of copyright law - just as if you had made copies of a book or CD and tried to sell that.

The reason White Oak Books can use Amazon images for their sites is because their users are set up through the Amazon Affiliate program.  Since they are essentially "joined at the hip" with Amazon, they can use Amazon's content.

Some web sites will contract with media information companies, like Muze, to supply images and content information similar to that found on Amazon. If you sell books on Half.com, eBay or eBay stores, the pre-filled information comes from Muze - take a look at a listing and you'll see their logo and credit line.

For us small fry sellers, if the site your using doesn't contract with Muze or has a connection with Amazon, you're left with hosting or uploading your own photos.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print