Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  These Forums are for Peer Support. For direct and immediate support, use the Live Chat or Support Ticket System
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  
 
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Jacket condition not mapping correctly on Biblio (Read 1869 times)
Stacks_o_Books
Ex Member
*



Jacket condition not mapping correctly on Biblio
Oct 11th, 2006 at 11:15am
 
If you have been using the Book Condition/Jacket Condition fields in AOB, this information will show at the beginning of the description on Biblio. However, the "maps" they've been using for AOB customers (pointers that match AOB fields with Biblio database fields) have one small glitch. Instead of the jacket condition showing, it displays the original listing date instead. So your listing will read something like:


Vintage, 1997-02-04. Paperback. New/2006-03-03. BRAND NEW!!

This was a pretty easy thing to get fixed. First, e-mail Biblio and explain the problem. They had it fixed within 24 hours. That resolves future listings, but if you want your current listings cleaned up, open a ticket on AOB asking to have your listings refreshed on Biblio.

Hopefully this won't happen for new customers now that Biblio has been alerted, but it would be a good idea to check your listings once they go live.

Now if I can just get a sale on thier site! (It's been less than a week, but hopefully soon!)
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
John Sweeney
Ex Member



Re: Jacket condition not mapping correctly on Bibl
Reply #1 - Oct 12th, 2006 at 9:08pm
 
Thanks for the heads up.

Biblio had a major system crash a week or two ago and things are not fully back to normal there yet.  I just checked my listings and I seee some similar problems to what you mentioned.  My categories there do not seem to be browsable either, which is a new problem.

For a refresh, you do not need a ticket.  You can do that yourelf from the AoB venue settings page.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Stacks_o_Books
Ex Member
*



Re: Jacket condition not mapping correctly on Bibl
Reply #2 - Oct 14th, 2006 at 6:52pm
 
Thanks John. I spent 3 days mapping my AZ browse paths to Biblio's catalog headings (THERE was an exercise in frustration - talk about some major gaps! Their Textbook category is a nightmare.) and the catalog headings don't show up at all. My old AZ ones do, but they don't work.

And thanks for the tip on the refresh - I've never had to do one before, so I didn't even think to look in settings! Doh!
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Stacks_o_Books
Ex Member
*



Re: Jacket condition not mapping correctly on Bibl
Reply #3 - Oct 18th, 2006 at 1:05am
 
Just wanted to post an update. In spite of many e-mails back and forth with Biblio, my jacket condition is still not mapping into their data fields correctly. Now it is showing up in Edition! And the original listing date is still showing up where the jacket condition should be.

A larger issue turned up when I got my first sale - on a book that sold on Half 2 days earlier. Turns out Biblio hadn't been processing the delete files they were getting from AOB. This was entirely a Biblio problem, and they cancelled the order and are not counting it against my fulfillment rate (although after almost 2 weeks with only 1 sale, I'm not sure I'm very worried...)

My point is, if you are a new sign up to Biblio, BE SURE your deletes are getting processed! And check your listings to make sure everything displays properly.

I will give Biblio credit for promptly responding to my e-mails. Just wish they could actually get this mapping issue fixed!
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print